Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Issue at Hand.

"ARRGH! C'mon me mates, A CUBE?? I cahn u'nerstahnd maybee a metal drag'n or sea monstarr, but a CUBE?"

"Well, of course it sounds ridiculous when you put it that way, Grizz..."

"Doc, I'm tellin' yee---We'll take care of that there cube ting! No pirate bear and his comrades 'll be taken by such a pat'etic lil nothin'!"

"Grizz, calm yourself." Mitz floated over to him and patted the very frustrated pirate bear on the back, "Take it easy. This "cube" is apparently more than just that. He's a Bot. And a dangerous one at that."

"Mitz is right, Grizz." Huey chimed in, "We can't take this lightly. He's been after us for weeks now, and has nearly caught and/or killed some of us...."

They looked over at Staub. He winced, and looked the other way.

"He wouldn't have killed me.....I'll get him for it though...." he grumbled under his breath.

"THE POINT IS," Huey continued, "Is that this should be our first priority in what we need to "deal" with. Does everyone agree?"



The entire team, and myself, had congregated in the middle of the lair (our "Meeting Room", if you will).
Doc, Pat, and Staub had returned from their incident in town safely, but were a bit shaken up. This "cube" character was becoming ever more present in their conversations, and had become a significant issue for my team.

They all said "Agreed", except Mitz.

Doc rolled his eyes, "Oh here we go...."

Mitz's blue eyes flashed at Doc fiercely, "Before you go judging me, at least let me make my point clear!"

He hovered above his friends, "Gentlemen (and Lady), you talk of "dealing with" and "taking out" this cube as if he were an enemy---as if he were "evil". But do not forget he is in fact NOT evil at all. He is working for the police, who are trying to keep the people safe---which is EXACTLY what we are doing. I understand he is after us, but it doesn't feel right to me that we should be so apt to destroy this thing."

Staub got up from the armchair he was slouched in and walked over to Mitz. He stared up, his widened and now angry eyes piercing right into Mitz's,

"He MUST be annihilated."

"You're so quick to think that because he nearly killed you, I understand....."

"RIGHT. Yes. YES he nearly killed me. AND THIS is why we must stop him before he kills all of us. With or without the law! You think he will show mercy? HE'S A FUCKING CUBE!"

"I just....I don't know Staub. We don't know enough about him to..."

"No! We know plenty! He wants us DEAD. Kaput! That's enough for me!"

Boots got up and walked over to Staub, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Staub, easy."

Staub pulled away.
"Whatever. I'm sorry I snapped, Mitz....I gotta...I need some air.....Doc? You mind?"

"Just don't break it, kid." Doc handed Staub the blue disk.

Staub thanked him, pressed the button, and took the board to the hatch.
He opened it up and with a SWOOOSH--he was gone.

"Well that went well...." Huey said, stroking Monte.

"Give him an hour or so, he'll be fine." Boots reassured them.

Mitz floated down and perched himself on the arm of the sofa, "I didn't mean to make him mad. But....you all see my point right? I'm not saying not to deal with this thing, but HOW is the real question. I just think we need to be careful in what we decide."

Boots nodded. "Understood. But Staub has a point too. We hesitate too much...."

"I think he was just reacting on his embarrassment actually, but yes." Mitz agreed.

Nick chimed in, "Well either way, we CAN agree it needs to be dealt with. Period. We'll figure out how when we get there, yes?"

Doc patted Nick on the back, "Works for me! Damn, all this arguing and running from metal cubes has made me thirsty..."

Without looking, Nick pointed behind him, "Picked up a six-pack today."

"I love you, Glitch."

"Save it."

---

The hubbub settled down after Staub left.

But he didn't return after an hour...

Two.....

...Three....


Yosh and Boots were keeping watch, and Pat was trying to reach him on the watch-screen.

But no luck.


"Arr, ye tink someone should go look fer tha kid?" Grizz asked.



Boots nodded,

"I'll go.

Yosh, get Side-Splitter ready for me."
----

No comments:

Post a Comment